Landyn Hutchinson is the founder of lifestyle blog Living with Landyn, a busy mom of two beautiful children, Lily and Luke and a wife to her 8th grade sweetheart, NFL Pro Steve Hutchinson. After her custom built home won 4 ASID Awards for design and décor, Landyn decided to pursue the website to continue to share her creativity. Landyn’s everyday posts to her blog, Facebook and Instagram feature bargain finds, fashion trends, interior design elements and healthy recipes to name a few.
1. Use 3 words to describe your kitchen design style: Light; Classic; French
2. The kitchen appliance I use most is: Vita-Mix Professional Series 750
3. I feel most comfortable wearing nothing on my feet (barefoot) in the kitchen
4. ….but my husband prefers when I wear a bikini in the kitchen (he was quick to answer!)
5. My hubby and I do the dishes in my house. (Helps get that job done quicker together and get to relaxing for the evening.)
6. My favorite item in the freezer is: Van’s Organic Blueberry Waffles. (Quick breakfast for this busy mom!)
7. My kitchen shortcut is: Rotisserie Chicken- its the ultimate time saver. You can make easy enchiladas, Buffalo chicken sandwiches, add on top of a fresh salad, add to soup…..the possibilities are endless.
8. My kids favorite meal I cook is: Shrimp & Chicken Stir-fry. They love it and request once a week. I feel good knowing they’re eating all those veggies.
9. But I prefer to make: any kind of fish. Most times, Steve grills and I come up with a sauce to put on top. From a spicy roasted red pepper, to some sort of cool yogurt base sauce. Again that’s my I love my Vita Mix so much!)
10. If I designed my kitchen today, I would covet: someone to clean up behind me. (A messy cook is a good cook…..isn’t that what they say?)
11. I love to decorate my kitchen with: fresh fruit & white tulips.
12. The worst thing I ever did in the kitchen was: I left my wall mount pot filler on and walked away.
13. The best thing I ever did in the kitchen was: Designing our kitchen with two large islands. One for prep/cooking, and another for guest to gather and socialize. It’s genius really. The kitchen is the heart of your home. It’s where people want to be!